Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reed

Please pray for our friends Tyler and Amy Bishop. Their son, Reed, has been diagnosed with opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome. For a better understanding of this condition go to www.omsusa.org.

Why does God allow hard circumstances (like a sick child) to come into our lives? I'm sure there are many reasons that I don't know about because God's ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts (Is 55:8-9). But, here is one verse from the Bible that is clear to me-- 2 Corinthians 1:8-9- "...we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead..."
So God allowed something to come into Paul's life that was above his strength. God allowed something to come into his life that was an immeasurable burden. Why? So that he would not trust in himself but that he would trust in God Who has the power to raise the dead. "I lift my eyes unto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord Who made the heavens and the earth"--Psalm 121:1-2.
So I'm not saying this is the only reason God has for allowing hard things to come into our lives, but it is clear that sometimes things come into our lives that our more than we can handle ("above strength")...But it is never more than God can handle! And those circumstances can teach us to trust God, the Creator of all things!

Tyler and Amy: We love ya'll! "This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life." --Psalm 119:50. "Your words were found and I ate them and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart"--Jer 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment