Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is Carrie Kirk, Jake Walker, and Jake Crouch....Carrie has been learning how to play the Mandolin so she brought it to the house so we could hear.



The lyrics to the song they were singing:

"You gave me hope
You made me whole
At the cross
You took my place
You showed me grace
At the cross where You died for me

And His glory appears
Like the light from the sun
Age to age He shines
Look to the skies
Hear the angels cry
Singing Holy is the Lord"

The part of the song that says "You took my place, You showed me grace at the cross where You died for me" reminds me of Barabbas in the Bible:
Matthew 27:16--"at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas". Pilate was accustomed to realeasing one prisoner, whoever the Jews requested. There was one named Barabbas who was a murderer. Pilate suggested that the King of the Jews, Jesus, be released....but the crowd demanded: "crucify Him!", the innocent One, and they asked for Barabbas, the murderer, to be released instead. "so Pilate, wanting to gratify the crowd, released Barabbas to them; and he delivered Jesus, after he had scourged Him, to be crucified" (Mark 15:6-15). We are Barabbas! We are prisoners, murderers, sinners who deserve death...But Jesus has taken our place, He showed us grace at the cross where He died for us!


--Lydia Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment